Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Heaven Is The Face


As some of you may know, Contemporary Christian recording artist Steven Curtis Chapman lost his 5 year old daughter Maria in a tragic accident last year when she was struck by a vehicle in the driveway of his home. When Steven wrote the song Cinderella it was about making the most of every moment as his daughter was growing up because one day she would be grown and gone. This tragic event gave a whole new meaning to that song. The recorded version of the song ends with the following lyrics.

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

We have recently seen Steven in concert in early 2009, almost 1 year after the death of his daughter. He spoke of the nearly unbearable pain that he and his family experienced and continue to live with everyday. Through the pain of losing his daughter he has been able to rest in the hope and the REALITY that he will one day see Maria again. One of the most moving moments of the concert was when he performed the song Cinderella but changed the last part of the song to reflect what he believes will happen one day.

Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
but I know, the TRUTH is, the dance will go on.

Steven Curtis Chapman has released a new song called Heaven is the Face. It is an amazing testimony of the hope that we have when we put our full faith and trust in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins. (1 Peter 1:3-6) and that we can trust Him even through our darkest valleys. It also is one more reminder that our time here on this earth is short compared to the eternity we will spend in heaven. It makes me ask myself, how am I spending my time? Am I spending it wisely? Is what I am doing making an eternal difference with my children? I hope both songs bless you as much as they have me.




1 comment:

  1. The pain in missing her must be hard, but wow, we are so blessed. We have others in our community of believers who have lost children in years past. The man I am speaking of said you haven't lost someone when you know where they are!

    ReplyDelete