Friday, November 20, 2009

Consider the Fruit Fly


"Daddy how does God see and hear everything at the same time? How do I know He hears me?" 

That is a question I got from one of my girls just yesterday. It's a tough one to answer in their language. Of course I went into God's sovereignty and that He is omnipresent which for the most part can be understood by an 11 year old. Then today, once again, God gave me a little gift via satellite radio. He has been doing this to me a lot lately and I am grateful.

I caught the end of a Christian call-in show where a caller was posing a similar question along the lines of, "How can God love everybody?" I will try to summarize what the host said.

Humans have two eyes which we can see straight ahead as well as with limited peripheral vision. The fruit fly however, has many, many eyes and they see so much more! While you and I have 2 eyeballs and can only see limited things the fruit fly has many eyeballs and they see so much more! Now imagine God who is big enough to have 3 trillion eyeballs which see 3 trillion things at a time and actually care! You are one of those people that one of those eyeballs is focused on right now and He in His infinite expanse of being, sees you, cares about what He sees and He loves you.

Not to compare God to a fruit fly but what a great example of how we let our own experiences limit our understanding of God. Just look around at His creation and see the many examples of how wonderful and amazing our Creator is! Sometimes the things that we don't understand about God, while always explained in His Word, can also be found in the things that he created....maybe even flying around in your kitchen!


Rom 1:20
20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment