Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Fruit Fly....Revisited

I had a chance to go back and re-read a previous post on the fruit fly and how we can use something that God created to better explain God's omnipresence to a child. It is a FACT that everything that God has created was created for one purpose and one purpose only. That is to glorify Himself. Everything He has made points all of mankind back to Him. Just read Psalms 19:1 and Romans 1:20. 


That being said, when our children come to us with questions about God our first response should ALWAYS be to go to His VERY OWN WORDS to see what he says about Himself. It has to start there! We must teach our children that the bible is the very breath of God and one of the reasons He gave us His Word is to teach us. (2 Timothy 3:16) 


After re-reading the post it was obvious that it was void of what God says about His omnipresence so I thought it was important to revisit the question and let God speak for Himself! "Daddy, How does God hear and see everything at the same time? How do I know that He hears me?" Because He says so in His Word! Let's see what He has to say!



Hebrews 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
ESV





Psalms 139:1-12
1 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it
7  Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8  If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
 If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,"
12  even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
ESV


Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
keeping watch on the evil and the good.
ESV


Deuteronomy 4:39
know therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other.
ESV

Jeremiah 23:23-24
"Am I a God at hand, declares the Lord, and not a God afar off? Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the Lord.
ESV




























No comments:

Post a Comment