Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2 Great Resources at a Great Price!

Please see the link at the end of this post and check out Getting to the Heart of Parenting by Paul David Tripp. I have this material on CD and it is excellent! For the next week you can get the DVD's from WTSBooks for $14.99 which is 75% off the regular price! I am a firm believer that as parents we need to saturate our minds with material like this. Parenting is a tough job and it is easy to get worn down when things get hard. Sometimes it causes us to fall into bad habits of parenting in an un-biblical way.

Materials like this are a constant encouragement to me and they have helped me tremendously. Our marriage class used material by Paul David Tripp and it was very well received. I highly recommend this resource.

The other book in the email is by Donald S. Whitney entitled Family Worship. I believe as a father it is my responsibility to see that we have family devotions or family worship as often as possible. Right now what that means for us is that we are trying to read through the bible as a family this year. For others it can mean more or less. This book talks about the importance of family worship as it relates to Deuteronomy 6:4-9. When Tedd Tripp was at High Point Church a few years ago he let me borrow his copy. It is also an excellent resource and it is only $4.00 until next week.

If anyone has any questions please let me know. Here is the link.

http://www.wtsbooks.com/enews_archive/GTHPTrippSale.html

Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment